Pages

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Snow Day

It snowed like crazy today! We are so not used to this......roads and schools had to be closed. I have never seen such huge snowflakes I found this poem by Julie Gudger, and love it!

Oh To Be A Snowflake
Oh to be a snowflake, gently falling down. It falls ever so gently, down to the ground. Its little white edges twirl with the wind. Ever so quickly does it twist and bend. Falling from the sky to greet the world below. Its almost as if its trying to stop and say hello. And when we see a single flake it doesnt mean that much. But if we stretch our arms out wide we feel its gentle touch. But when the flake has reached its end and is a flake no more. We sadly mourn its short lived life and it we did adore.


Molly did adore the snowflakes! She was running and having a blast! I got lots of pic's of her backside because I am not quick enough!!!

The sweet girl birdfeeder was full of snow......

Love this little train in our antique district.

My little gator was full of snow! It was fun until the snow became too heavy for a branch and broke a power line across the street. I was without power for a lot of the day.

Not a total waste though because the snow filled me with Christmas spirit. When I couldn't get to work because roads were closed and bridges iced over; I came home and went into the attic to get my Christmas decorations down! I had to use a lantern to see the boxes but I was successful!

I ended up having a great Snow Day!


I'll show you my progress soon.....

Are you in the spirit? Maybe you need a little snow, too?

~Shelly

No comments: