Pages

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

December Citrus

I usually go to the fruit stand on the weekend, these were fresh picked and displayed on the counter.....I just couldn't resist picking up a few. When I was a kid we had a huge kumquat tree by the back door; sweet ones. I loved them then and I love them now! I was in for a surprise though..... there was a crate of sour kumquats next to the sweet ones - one ended up in the sweet bin and ultimately in my bag! I still don't like the sour ones! I guess that some things never change. Oh well.

Along with sweets and treats, Santa would put fresh fruit and nuts in our Christmas stocking. Can you imagine what a child would think if they received fruit in their christmas stocking, today? Hmmm......I thought about Jo in Little Women, when she walked around with her Christmas orange for days, rolling it in her hands and smelling it. Those were the good ole days!

Maybe if I'm extra good, Santa will leave some fruit in my stocking!

~Shelly

No comments: