Pages

Monday, March 2, 2009

For the Birds

I enjoy watching the birds in my yard. And last year, I decided to make petite bird feeders to hang in my yard. I found the recipe in one of Sandra Lee's cookbooks. They were very easy to make. I used my vintage jell-o molds for the forms.


The recipe is really simple, you beat a couple eggs and stir in the bird seed. Pack it in a mold and bake.

While the birdfeeder is still warm, use a dowel rod or a skewer to poke a hole about an inch from the top. When your birdfeeder cools you can put a wire or a piece of raffia thru the hole to hang your feeder.

I've decided to make some more this weekend.
~Shelly

2 comments:

{oc cottage} said...

What a great idea!!!

M ^..^

Michele said...

How easy is that...I'm gonna try it this weekend. Thanks for sharing!

I really miss my birds during the cold months...

Hugz,
Michele