Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

Cha Cha Cherries!

Do you love cherries too? I found the most juicy, sweet cherries at TWF grocery store. What do you do with yours? I ate half of them just as they were - so yummy. Then I found a recipe for Cherries Jubilee in this vintage 1960's Julia Child cookbook - she cooked it in the Seventy-fifth Show! Its menu featured Ham Dinner for Four in Half an Hour. (Egg-Stuffed Tomatoes; Pureed Peas and Watercress; Braised Leeks; and Cherries Jubilee). Although, I believe the only part that I would be interested in consuming is the ham and the cherries!

This cookbook is arranged by episode of The French Chef Cooking Show. I highly recommend it for it's entertainment value as well as the cooking techniques included. The show was a half hour - you can make a gourmet french meal in 30 minutes!


My son requested another apple pie......this time I let the pie bird do all the work.



And he did a great job; no drippings of lost filling!

Have a great week!
 
~Shelly

No comments: